- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Your tour guide picks you up from your hotel at around 8:00am for a full day discovering Hue, the former Imperial capital during the Nguyen Dynasty. You will take a boat cruise on the gentle Perfume River to the seven-tiered Thien Mu Pagoda on the riverbank. You will then continue by car and visit Emperor Minh Mang’s Mausoleum. Lunch will be at a local Buddhist Monastery.
On the way back to the city you will stop in a handicraft workshop to see how conical hats and incense sticks are made. Before return to the hotel you visit the Central Dong Ba Market and walk across the historic Trang Tien Bridge. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Overnight in Hue
Hue – Day train to Hoi An
After breakfast you will be picked up and transfer to Hue Railway Station for a four-hour scenic train ride to Hoi An. The train journey hugging the coastline will allow you to get to see scenic things on the way and take plenty of great photos.
Upon arrival in Da Nang, you will be picked up by your private guide and driver and transfer to the nearby Hoi An to check into the hotel. Stop en route to visit the famed Marble Mountain and My Khe Beach which was also known as the American GI’s R&R (rest and recreation). Arrive in Hoi An and check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to relax and chill out.
Hoian is famous for its tailoring shops as well, so there will plenty of opportunity to visit a tailor to have some clothing made.
Overnight in Hoi An
Hoian – Walking Tour of The Ancient Town
After breakfast at the hotel you will commence a walking tour of the Old Town. This old merchant town is filled with a rich, colorful history, with each building a unique story to tell. You will visit the Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, the Quan Cong Temple, the Japanese Bridge and Phung Hung Old House.
Finish the walking tour by visiting the Central market of Hoi An.
The rest of the day is free to relax. You can join a local cooking class to learn to cook some of most delightful Hoi An cuisines. Perhaps you will visit the tailor-shops to get some clothes and shoes made to measure.
Overnight in Hoi An
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to and from Vietnam
- Vietnam entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers