- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
HCM City tour & Cu Chi Tunnels
Morning (Lunch is included):
Your private guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to visit the City’s historical landmarks including the 1880s General Post Office and the late 19th century Notre Dame Cathedral located in a peaceful part of the city. Next we visit the Reunification Palace which was once headquarters for the Former Government during the “American War”, and the War Remnants Museum which displays relics from the American War. We have lunch at a local noodle soup restaurant called Presidential Pho 2000, named due to a surprise visit by the former US president Bill Clinton during his visit that year.
After lunch we will travel out of the city to the Cu Chi Tunnels. This vast network of tunnels, stretching over 150 kilometers, was built by the Viet Cong in the battles for the south. The tunnels are a sobering insight into the dedication of the Viet Cong who lived almost entirely underground in the narrow and claustrophobic tunnels. Upon arrival, we have a chance to watch a brief video that will introduce you to the Cu Chi tunnels, followed by a walk through the reserve. Nearby is a chilling demonstration of the traps and weapons used against the American GIs. The Cu Chi tunnels have been made wider and cleaner for western visitors, however they can still be dark and claustrophobic inside so please keep in mind if you do not like enclosed spaces. Late this afternoon, we return to our hotel where our tour ends.
N.B: Remember to take insect repellent today as mosquitoes are more common in the Cu Chi district. At the Cu Chi Tunnels you will be given the opportunity to shoot a range of guns (example AK47, M16). If you decide to do this, please be aware that the level of noise is ptetty high and although ear muffs are available, they may not provide the level of protection required.
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers