- Day 1: Hanoi – Arrival
- Day 2: Hanoi – Pu Luong – Hang village
- Day 3: Hang Village – Kho Muong village
- Day 4: Cao Hoong Village
- Day 5: Cao Hoong – Hin Village
- Day 6: Hin – Son village
- Day 7: Son – Hanoi
- Day 8: Hanoi – Free Day
- Day 9: Hanoi – Halong Bay
- Day 10: Halong Bay Kayaking Full-day
- Day 11: Halong Bay – Hanoi
- Day 12: Hanoi – Departure
- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Hanoi – Arrival
Upon arrival at Hanoi International airport, you will be picked up by private guide and driver who hold up your names on a signboard and transfer you by private vehicle to your chosen hotel in downtown. Check in your hotel and rest for the day until our welcome dinner tonight.
Overnight in Hanoi
Hanoi – Pu Luong – Hang village
After breakfast, with the assistance of your private tour guide, you will depart Hanoi for a four hour drive to Pu Luong Natural Reserve. Enjoy a lunch break in Mai Chau valley, and then drive further into the reserve where you begin a trek (approx. 2.5 hours) to the Thai village of Hang. Spend the night with a local Thai family who will be your hosts in a traditional house built on stilts, whilst enjoying their hospitality discover a little more about their lives and culture.n.
Overnight in Hang Village
Hang Village – Kho Muong village
This morning you will have an opportunity to stroll around Hang village before trekking. Today you will be walking for approximately six hours. Along the way, pass through several Thai villages and hamlets before arriving at the village of Kho Muong. This is a Muong minority village and you will be their guests for the night.
Overnight in Kho Muong Village
Cao Hoong Village
Today you will have a full day trek as we climb to the summit of Pu Luong Mountain. En route you will pass through a number of small hamlets and minority villages. At the summit, the panoramic views of Pu Luong are magnificent. The climb to the top takes around eight hours with a further two hours for the descent to the village of Cao Hoong where you will stay overnight.
Overnight in Cao Hoong Village
Cao Hoong – Hin Village
Your hike through the verdant countryside today will take around two hours as you encounter local villagers doing their daily works cultivating the fields and herding buffalo. In the afternoon you will arrive to the village of Hin.
Overnight in Hin Village
Hanoi – Halong Bay
This morning you will drive in a private van through the Red river delta to the magnificent Halong Bay with a coffee stop en-route. At noon you will arrive to Halong bay, check in a traditional junk boat to start your cruise to the World heritage site while your seafood lunch is served on board.
In the afternoon you will visit Sung Sot cave then try your hand with some short distance kayaking around the area. You will then dine and enjoy your night on board.
Overnight on board
Halong Bay Kayaking Full-day
While enjoying your breakfast on board, your junk will cruise to the area of Ba Ham where one of the largest floating village of Halong bay located, Right in the area there is a stunning lagoon connected to each other by long and dark water caves. You will spend the whole morning kayaking and exploring this lagoon and see the Ba Men temple which is small but extremely sacred to the local fishermen. Back to your junk for lunch and cruise to Hang Doi spot which is a part of Cat Ba National Park.
This afternoon you will keep on kayaking to discover Hang Doi lagoon area with another short water cave, then you will cruise to another spot for your night anchor.
Overnight on board
Halong Bay – Hanoi
After breakfast you will kayak from your junk to the Man’s head island and to Luon water cave which was in one shot of “Indochina” famous film. Back to the junk, enjoy your early lunch then drive back to Hanoi for a short rest.
Don’t forget your farewell dinner tonight.
Overnight in Hanoi
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to and from Vietnam
- Vietnam entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers