- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Bagan – Kanpetlet
Chin State, a spectacular mountainous area of western Myanmar, has only recently opened up to foreign visitors. Begin the adventure by local boat from Bagan and continue by open jeep to Kanpetlet via Pauk, Kyauktu and Saw. Make stops for lunch and a visit to a tobacco factory. The scenery en route changes from dry, arid plains to dense jungle and then mountains with rice fields and traditional villages.
Arrive at Kanpetlet in the late afternoon and explore this Chin village where many of the women still tattoo their faces. Continue another 8km to the forest guesthouse for dinner prepared by the forest rangers. Overnight at the forest guesthouse in basic accommodation with shared facilities.
Overnight in Kanpetlet
Kanpetlet – Nat Ma Taung National Park – Mount Victoria – Kanpetlet
Starting from Kanpetlet, different excursions to Nat Ma Taung National Park can be made easily. This beautiful park covers a large area with dense jungle, pine trees at higher levels and oak trees at the second base camp. The national park is an area of great bio–diversity with many rare forms of flora and fauna. Mount Victoria, the highest peak in the park, offers superb views of the surrounding area from the top. The second base camp can be reached by jeep and from here it is only a two and a half hour trek to the summit. A simple lunch is served at the second base–camp on Mount Victoria. Return to the forest guesthouse in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at the forest guesthouse.
Overnight in Kanpetlet
Kanpetlet – Bagan
Leave Kanpetlet by jeep and head back to Bagan taking a different route but again with breath taking views, and dense jungle scenery. Stop for breakfast in a local teashop in Saw after one hours driving. Continue by jeep passing through the beautiful constantly changing landscape. Lunch is on the way in a local restaurant. Arrive back in Bagan in the late afternoon and transfer to hotel.
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to and from Myanmar
- Myanmar entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers