- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Kalaw – Nant Thale The
The cool mountain air, pine forests, beautiful landscape and ethnic minority villages make Shan state the perfect area for trekking. Learn about the traditions of the different ethnic minorities from a local guide while porters take care of transporting the provisions. During this 3–day trekking you will encounter continuously changing scenery.
Transfer from hotel in Kalaw to meeting point by open pick–up truck. Start trekking about 1:30 to Lu Pin, a village inhabited by the Danu tribe. Continue for about 30 minutes to Shar Pin village and a further 25 minutes to Pann Lone Pagoda hill for a picnic lunch.
After lunch continue trekking to Linn Pan village, inhabited by the Pa O minority. Rest at the Pa O village before continuing to Nant Thale The village where you can visit a local school just before entering the village.
In the evening traditional dinner and overnight stay with the friendly monks in the monastery. Accommodation is basic on this tour but it is a unique experience.
Overnight in Nant Thale The
Nant Thale The – Htee Taing
After breakfast, resume trekking through the mountains of Shan State. Then walk for around an hour and a half passing several villages and old wooden monasteries, breaking for lunch at Htun Gone village.
Continue trekking in the afternoon through a stunning area inhabited by farmers and hill tribes for around three and a half hours. Arrive at the end of the day in Htee Taing village for dinner and overnight at the beautiful wooden Htee Taing Monastery that is also used as a school for young novices.
Overnight in Htee Taing
Htee Taing – Inle Lake
After breakfast at Htee Tain Monastery resume trekking to Inle Lake passing through different Pa O villages, with panoramic views over the lake en route. Continue mostly down through an impressive gorge descending to the lake.
After around three hours trekking in the morning break at Than Taung village for lunch in a monastery. After lunch continue for another hour to Inle Lake before transferring by motorboat to the hotel in Inle Lake.
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to and from Myanmar
- Myanmar entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers