- Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City (HCM City) – Arrival
- Day 2: HCM City – Walking Tour
- Day 3: HCM City– Mekong Delta (Ben Tre) – Chau Doc
- Day 4: Chau Doc – Speed boat to Phnom Penh – City Tour
- Day 5: Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
- Day 6: Siem Reap – Angkor Temple Tour
- Day 7: Siem Reap – Free Day
- Day 8: Siem Reap – Departure
- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Ho Chi Minh City (HCM City) – Arrival
Your private tour guide will meet you at HCM City’s Tan Son Nhat airport and will escort you by private car to your selected hotel in HCM City. Your knowledgeable guide will be happy to answer any questions along the way about your Vietnam Cambodia tour package, and will assist you with check-in and registration at the hotel.
The rest of the day is yours to relax and explore this Metropolitan City. Lunch and dinner will be on your own, but your guide will recommend excellent options for your preferred cuisine – we highly recommend trying Hanoi cuisine for a true immersion experience.
Note: For the Vietnamese Visa on Arrival, please make sure you have 2 passport sized 4 cm x 6 cm photos and $25 for the stamping fee.
Overnight in HCM City
HCM City – Walking Tour
After breakfast, your holiday starts when your private tour guide picks you up for a City tour of HCM City. Below are the recommended sites, but of course, your guide will be happy to modify the list based on your preferences.
– The War Remnants Museum- which was originally opened in September 1975 displaying old military equipment and other related items from the Vietnam War.
– The Reunification Palace, formerly known as the Presidential Palace – the sight of South Vietnam’s surrender in April 1975.
– Notre Dame Cathedral
– General Post Office
– The Opera House
Lunch will be served at “Pho 2000” Restaurant near Ben Thanh Market. This is where former US president Bill Clinton stopped by for a bowl. After lunch you will be back to the hotel.
The remainder of the day is yours to explore at your leisure.
Overnight in HCM City
HCM City– Mekong Delta (Ben Tre) – Chau Doc
After breakfast and check out, your private tour guide will pick you up and take you to Ben Tre, located in the heart of the Mekong Delta. The fertile Mekong Delta is famous for its abundant harvests of tropical fruits and flowers as well as boating along the canals. On arrival, you will board your private boat and cruise along the maze of waterways to visit some local cottage industries. Hop on motor-cart to an out of the way village where you might have a chance to peek inside local homes for an insight into rural life seldom seen by the outside world and try some regional specialties for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will return to the docks. From here you will wind to Chau Doc- the border town to Cambodia, stopping en route for photos opportunities.
Your private tour guide will take you to the hotel room In Chau Doc. The remainder of the day is yours to explore at your leisure.
Overnight in Chau Doc
Chau Doc – Speed boat to Phnom Penh – City Tour
In the early morning, you will be picked up and transferred to the docks for a 05 hour speed boat journey from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh. Boat leaves at 07:30 and arrive in Phnom Penh around mid-day.
Upon arrival you will be met by your private tour guide and driver and transferred to the hotel in downtown for checking in and relax. After a short relax you will head out to Phnom Penh City Tour, the capital of the Kingdom of Cambodia. You will visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, and the National Museum, with many pre & post Angkor artifacts. The tour also includes the Museum of Genocidal and Cheung Ek Killing field.
Overnight in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Siem Reap by express coach. After arriving and checking into your hotel room, you could spend the rest of the day at leisure. You can visit the Night Market or join the local Apsara dance and dinner or the Circus show (optional).
Overnight in Siem Reap
Siem Reap – Angkor Temple Tour
After breakfast and check out, you will spend the whole day to explore Angkor Temples.
First start will be Angkor Thom. Enter this last capital of the Khmer empire through the Southern Gate where giant carvings of gods and demons flank ach side of the entrance. Inside this great city, explore the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, Elephant Terrace and Terrace of Leper King. Feel the serenity that exudes from the stone face carvings of the Bayon and temple walls covered in emerald green moss intertwined with roots which many deem the most charming of all, Ta Prohm (where the Tomb Raiders was filmed).
You will return to the hotel to relax during mid-day. In the afternoon you will continue to discover Angkor Wat, an architectural and artistic masterpiece of the mighty Khmer Empire. After spending the entire afternoon here, you will go to Bakheng Hill to see the sunset.
The rest of the day is yours to explore at your leisure.
Overnight in Siem Reap
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to Vietnam and from Cambodia
- Vietnam and Cambodia entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers