- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Hanoi – Mai Chau – Hang Kia villageDay 1
Leaving Hanoi, escorted by your private tour guide, you will depart on your morning drive through the picturesque countryside of rice paddy fields and spectacular, rugged mountain scenery to Mai Chau, home of the Thai minority. Here you will be served lunch in a local family. After that you will take a one hour drive to Sa Linh Village to begin our trekking expedition. From here you’ll walk along gravel tracks and small paths used by the locals to Hang Kia village where you will stay overnight as honoured guests of an Hmong family in a traditional long house.
Overnight in Hang Kia village
Hang Kia village – Van villageDay 2
Rising to the sound of lovely Mai Chau valley, you enjoy breakfast and bid a farewell to the local host family. Today your trek is quite challenging as you will walk through tropical rain forest, up and down the uneven steps. It will take about 7 hours with picnic lunch en route. In the late afternoon you arrive in Van village where is home to the Thai people. Check in your home-stay for refreshment. The rest of the day is free to stroll around the village until dinner served by the host.
Overnight in Van Village
Van village - Khoe - HanoiDay 3
This morning you continue your trek through beautiful scenery to the small village of Khoe where you will meet up with your waiting vehicle and drive back towards Mai Chau where lunch will be provided. Take the chance to do a little souvenir shopping from the great range of local handicrafts before returning to Hanoi.
Tour ends as you arrive at the hotel in Hanoi.
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Vietnam entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers