- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Vientiane – Arrival
Your private tour guide will meet you at Vientiane’s airport when you arrive for your holiday to Laos, and will escort you by private car to your selected hotel in Vientiane (travel time approximately 45 minutes). Your knowledgeable guide will be happy to answer any questions about your itinerary for your Laos vacation along the way, and will assist you with check-in and registration at the hotel.
After checking in and a short rest, you will start to explore this beautiful city. Below are the recommended sites, but of course, your guide will be happy to modify the list based on your preferences.
– The oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues
– The former royal temple of Wat Prakeo previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image.
– The famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa
– The imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph
Overnight in Vientiane
Vientiane – Xiengkhouang
After a lovely breakfast, the rest of the morning is at your own leisure.
In the afternoon, you will be picked up to the airport for a short flight to Xiengkhouang, which was devastated by American bombing between 1964 and 1973. Upon arrival, you will transfer out to visit the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars are littered all over the plateau. You will also have time, this afternoon, seeing the old capital of Muang Khoun Province and the nearby villages, home to the Hmong hill tribe and Tai Dam people. They have an interesting local culture and a colorful history.
Overnight in Phonsavanh
Xiengkhouang – Luang Prabang
This early morning, you will visit Central Market of Phonsavanh to watch different Hill Tribes to barter and exchange merchandises, then heading out the this small town to Luang Prabang, on the way, you will drop off and see a site more than 200 years old Buddha images in Thampra and varied Hmong and varied hill tribe minority villages along the road. They are nice, friendly and welcome you to visit. After a photo stop, you will continue driving up hill, enjoying mountain splendid natural scenery, forest and landscape. After a tea or coffee break at Sala Phoukhoun, where the T-junction of bordering meets Vientiane-Xiengkhouang-Luang Prabang, the journey will take you over mountainous region to Luang Prabang. The tranquility and charm of this town with its splendid natural scenery and cultural sights make it one of the most delightful places to visit in Laos.
After checking into your hotel, [if time permits] you will start seeing the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun, the shrine of Wat Aham, Wat Mai, then climbing up to the top of Phousi Mount for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a beautiful sunset view of the city and the Mekong River. From there, you will explore Street Night Bazaar, where you can find the lovely collection and handmade textile by local and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Cave
After breakfast, your private tour guide will pick you up and take you to the city’s oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represent the classical architecture of Luang Prabang temple.
You will then embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives you a beautiful view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious of Pak Ou Caves, crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes.
Along the way, you will stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine.
On return, you will take a short drive to Ban Phanom, well known for its hand weaving.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang – Departure
After breakfast, your private tour guide will take you to the National Museum at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of the artifacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through the last sovereign, and the Central Market are not to be missed. You will visit these sights in the morning before being taken by your private car to the airport for a flight departing this small, charming city of former royal capital.
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to and from Laos
- Laos entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers