- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Duong Lam Ancient Village & Pagodas: In the morningMorning
At 8.00am, your private guide will collect you at your hotel. You take a short drive 1 hour (30 km) heading southwest of Hanoi to Thay Pagoda located in a beautiful and tranquil village. Formally regarded as Thien Phuc Tu Pagoda, Thay Pagoda was built in the 11th century during the reign of King Ly. You continue your sight-seeing drive to the Tay Phuong Pagoda. The present structure of this pagoda dates from the 18th century and is renowned for its impressive collection of wooden statues depicting the Buddha and other middle ranking Buddhist deities coated with lacquer paint. From here you wind our way to Duong Lam Ancient Village.
Duong Lam Ancient Village & Pagodas: In the afternoonAfternoon
After enjoying home-hosted lunch with a Vietnamese village family you start exploring Duong Lam Ancient village – a rich historical site with fascinating old houses, churches and temple of the two famous Kings, Phung Hung and Ngo Quyen. Despite the passing of time, these old relics are still being well-preserved, having been lost for decades, before becoming one of the main attractions for tourists in the area. You take a walk or ride the bicycle around this old village, meet the locals and experience their daily life.
Leaving the village, you will be picked up by your private driver again and transferred back to Hanoi. End of services.
This tour is built upon our firsthand knowledge & experience, offering you the best choices available. The price of this trip varies depending on the number of people in your party, dates of departure, and availability of ground services. Please click on REQUEST A FREE QUOTE (above) and supply the required information, enabling us to send you your personalized quote within 24 hours!
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private Vehicles and Drivers
- Private English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
What’s Not Included?
- Your International Flights to and from Vietnam
- Vietnam entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers