The best thing about Duong Dai Lam (Lam) from Indochina Pioneer is that he listens. We are interested in history, architecture and food, and really appreciate good views.
Our trip provided these things and more:
- In every city we had gorgeous hotels with fabulous views, with a number of upgrades. Hotels appreciated Indochina Pioneer business.
- Halong Bay cruise was one of the highlights - small, comfortable boat with great food and most incredible landscapes. How did they get such a good chef for a 10 cabin boat?
- Lam suggested many off the beaten track attractions that helped us to understand and appreciate the country.
- Our tour guides in every place were knowledgeable about history and architecture, forthcoming with cultural and lifestyle information
- They were very flexible both in planning, and trip changes when the weather did not cooperate. For example - we don't ride bicycles, so we ended up doing one day tour on the back of 2 scooters. Fun!!!
- Street food tour with Luu in Hanoi was fun, delicious and educational. We kept eating on the street throughout the trip. No food poisoning, just delicious food.
- Private cars were medium size SUVs immaculately maintained and drivers were safe.
I infrequently gush - see my other reviews. But this was one of our best trips, and the private tour ended up costing less than a comparable group tour booked from US.