Apologies for this very overdue thank you.
I just wanted to write to say, on behalf of myself and Sharon Hartline, that we had a fabulous trip!
The planning done by you was great and I enjoyed every bit of it. I must say that your drivers are fantastic examples of patience in light of the many traffic jams on Vietnam’s roads. They were also diligent and good drivers which is, I am sure, not easy to do.
I absolutely loved the trip and the people of Vietnam. Everyone we encountered was great to deal with. What really struck me was that everyone we encountered was very proud of their country and what it had achieved. This is so very thoroughly refreshing!
In no particular order:
1. Halong Bay was great. I particularly liked the choice of a smaller boat. This provided a more intimate feeling which was much more in keeping with the beauty and serenity of Halong Bay itself. I think that would have been totally lost if we had been in a larger boat.
2. Ninh Binh was beyond fabulous. I did not know what to expect but the caves are absolutely spectacular and we have been very lucky to see them in a much more natural state and with no other people around. This was really special and is a highlight of the trip. The cycling was fun and the cooking class was great, too. In fact all the food we had on this trip was great.
3. Hanoi was fun and interesting – although it was quite as expected since I had been there before.
4. Hue was very interesting. I had no idea that there was so much to see – the Royal Complex was great.
5. The trip to Hoi An/Danang was great. I would have liked to spend more time in Hoi An so I will have to do this if I get back to Vietnam.
6. Danang was great – we had our beach holiday to relax at the end of our trip.
7. To top it all off the guides were all great. Very friendly and very knowledgeable.
8. Hotels were all as you had described and were all very pleasant.
Thanks again. I will surely contact you should I look to travel to Vietnam again!
Sherri Egbert | Regional Counsel Trust Services